I took the day off work today, and kept the kids from daycare. I'm makeup-less, hair air-dried, and wearing workout clothes. I have no desire to acknowledge my birthday.
It's a first.
They got me at work yesterday; I found my cubicle decorated with black crepe paper, 30 signs tacked on the walls and happy birthday banners hung up. Everybody in the department brought food and sung happy birthday to me. I dressed up especially nicely, prepared for the moment of humiliation. I really can't stand the attention. But the food was good.
Today the fam and I are going to a nice meal at Sweet Tomatoes, and probably afterwards go shopping. Jim offered as a birthday present to me a skydiving trip or a shopping spree.
In college I swore to myself that I would go skydiving before I graduated.
But now I am old and cherish my children and would love to see them grow up.
So I'm opting for the shopping spree.
Next Saturday my sister's planned my big birthday celebration. We will start off meeting at Harrah's, where the party bus will pick us up and drive us to Mount Pleasant Winery, and afterwards go back to Harrah's for more drunken debauchery and gambling.
We'll see how long I last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy B Day!!!
Post a Comment