Tuesday, October 26, 2004

What am I doing?

So one day I get an e-mail from an old high school friend who forwards me his blog. I click on the link, I read his blogs and a few other ones I find, and make some comments to my friend about his blogs. He tries to convince me to start one myself so he could read what's going on in my life. I assure him that he's not missing out on much of anything, unless he would really like to hear our latest home decorating stories or busy schedule. However, the thought of journaling reminded me of my days writing my innermost obsessions and secrets that later became public once that little pink book with the lock was found and broken into. So, I decided to start a blog of my own. Only, now that I've created my account, I'm unsure of what to write.
But it is giving me something to do as I wait for this final half hour of work go by. If I had found out about this site earlier I would probably have a gazillion blogs posted, and all would have been written from 4:00 - 4:30 in the afternoon. For these are the last minutes before clocking out, when all the world seems to stop it's so quiet. It's this time at work that leaves me wondering what I'm still doing here when everyone else has already left for the day. I should just leave; after all, the doors automatically lock at 4:30 (technically, 4:26, it is that slow that you are literally watching every minute go by on your computer), but Heaven forbid that an arsonist come in and burn up this whole floor under my "watch." I'd like to see somebody try and get past my 5'1" self!
A woman's work is never done...

No comments: