Okay, so I haven't been doing a very good job at keeping up with my blog. Life has been busy, to say the least. For starters...I had my baby! Dean James Stropnik came into the world 3 1/2 weeks early, on June 20, 2005 (my due date was July 15). My water broke at around 1 in the morning the night of July 19...he missed Father's Day by a hair! Long story short (and if you would like to read the long version, you can visit Dean's website, at http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/stropniks, password 1baby, click on My Journal), I went to the hospital at around 4 in the morning, went through 19 hours of labor, and then ended up having an emergency c-section, and he came at 10:35 p.m. Monday night. Needless to say, it was a long day, and I was exhausted! However, I recovered quickly and easily, and I took 8 weeks off work on maternity leave.
The time went by fast, especially for not really leaving the house! Adjusting to baby was not an easy task; we're still getting used to it! I've never had less sleep but been more awake. Dean is a handful, but I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He is my little man. He was 4 lbs., 13 ozs. when he was born, so for a while, he was my little fry guy...but he's not as little anymore! The kid's doubled his size in just two months, and is up to 9 pounds now! He definitely knows how to eat!
Coming back to work has been tough; it is only my second day, but I miss him terribly. I've been doing good, though, at not crying and not calling my mom every 30 minutes to see how he's doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment