Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Tuesday, whoop-dee-doo

So my co-worker kept in touch with me while on maternity leave, stressing how busy it had been and how she could hardly keep up with the work...I come back, and the workload is like how it was before I left...extremely slow! I realize this should be a time I should catch up on personal things, like writing out the rest of the thank you cards from Dean's baptism and reception...but I'm not in the mood.
Last Sunday we took Dean to church for only the 3rd time since being born...I don't know why I bothered! As soon as the congregation quieted down to hear the scripture reading, he started fussing and getting hungry. So I left the sanctuary, and went to one of the spare rooms to nurse him. Well of course in the middle of his feeding he started pooping, so I left the room, handed Dean over to Jim's Aunt Pam (she was working hospitality, so was at the front desk) while I went back into the sanctuary to grab the diaper bag. (Good thing we sat in the back!) After changing his diaper, it was back to the spare room to finish feeding. By the time I got finished with him, the worship service was over! But I did get out in time for everybody to either get out of service or come in for the next service, so a lot of people got to see Dean for the first time. And he was in an incredibly good mood, as he should have been considering his belly was full and his diaper was clean!
Tomorrow will be Dean's first day at the daycare center. I'm going to try and get there earlier than I would normally drop him off, so I can talk to the caregivers personally and let them know his habits. Hopefully he won't be too big of a handful for them, but I would hope that they are experienced enough that they've dealt with babies of all sorts of personalities and up and down the spectrum.

No comments: