Thursday, September 29, 2005

Feel Out of Touch

So there were a lot of things I was naive to thinking would still happen after baby. I thought I would continue with my activities, and any activities that were thought to be too much of a time commitment, I'd just take a "short" break from. I thought I'd still hang out with friends at least once a week. I thought I'd still make it to church every Sunday. I thought I'd have a lot of downtime from not doing so many extracurriculars.

Boy, was I wrong!

Since having Dean, I've taken a break from Praise Team and Praise Choir, and told our music director that I would possibly come back after the new year. Now that the new year is approaching, I'm still not sure if I'm ready to come back.
Doing things during the week after work still takes some fanagling (I'm not sure if that word is spelled right, it sure looks as funny as when you say it); the only thing I do is one aerobics class every Thursday that's only an hour long, and even doing that makes me feel guilty that I'm spending too much time away from Dean.
Going to church all depends on several variables: how much sleep we got the night before (the main factor), what kind of mood baby is in in the morning, how fast we can get ready, what time baby eats in the morning and how long will it be until he will be hungry again...and even when we do go to church, we end up being late and most of the time I miss half the service because baby will fuss and I will have to leave the sanctuary to soothe him!
When we do go out on weekends, most of the time it's to run errands! We're getting better at visiting with friends, though...but those first few months, we were nowhere to be found but at our house!

So I guess it's only natural that I feel out of touch with the world. Luckily being back at work has made me feel a little more sociable.

No comments: