Friday, February 01, 2008

I Can't Believe I'm Here

I must have called our emergency work hotline 4 times to make sure we still had to go into work. I watched KMOV's list of closings 3 times to make sure I didn't miss the daycare's closing. Both to no avail. So Jim shovels that driveway and I get ready for work; I call my boss and tell her that I'm coming in, but going to be late. She doesn't care, she's just thankful I'm coming in so we don't have to find front door coverage. My co-worker, however, isn't able to make it in; her baby's daycare closed. If I had enough vacation days and personal hours saved up I would have taken the day off. I was told the company did this one other time years ago - bad snow, they didn't call off work, so those who could make it in came into work. Then, at 10:30 a.m., they closed the office. People who came in were ticked, but the organization gave those who came in a comp day. So there's still hope that maybe I'll get to at least leave early today.
On a happier note, my sister turns 27 today. I thank her for being a good sister and friend; I don't think we've ever been closer as we are now. Happy birthday to her, and welcome back to St. Louis and its weather, baby!

No comments: