As I write that title I curse to myself that now that I've written it out, karma will fall upon me and one of the babes will wake up and realize that I am not laying next to them in bed. For it's 9:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, and they have both been asleep for 1/2 hour now and neither one of them is stirring, not even slightly. My oldest never did take a nap today, and although baby girl did take a nap (or two), none of her naps were as long as they usually are, so I know both are plum tired. I am excited about having this kind of freedom, but now wondering what the heck I am going to do until I go to bed.
If I were kidless, I would most likely be out with friends. Probably at a bar. Having a couple of drinks. And probably by this time had a couple of drinks already in my system. And I would be laughing and talking and having a good time and not even paying the slightest bit of attention to the time. Before you know it, bartenders are announcing last call and I'd be feeling so good that after closing time I'd want to know where the next party is at.
But now, here I sit. At home. On the computer. Face washed, teeth brushed, contacts off. Almost ready for bed, but with the kids asleep in their respective beds (BY THEMSELVES) I feel ready to party like it's 2004. No, not like it's 1999 - my fashion still wasn't up to par like I wanted it to be due to lack of money. Party like it's 2004 - sans kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment