Monday, December 06, 2004

UPlifting weekend

This weekend was busy. Friday night I sang with a women's barbershop group I joined in September through work, called Glad Tidings. We were asked to sing at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, at the corner of Clarkson and Clayton, from 6-7. There were a lot of families there for their "Return to Bethlehem" tour, and we were basically there to entertain them as they waited for their tour to begin. We were complimented a lot on our way out, but the best was when I was in the restroom; a cute little girl sitting on a bench waiting for her older sister to come out looked at me for a long time, looking like she wanted to say something, and then finally said, "You sing really pretty." I don't know if it's because I'm having a child of my own now that I notice kids a lot more, but it was the cutest darn thing in the world. There's nothing like a child's admiration for you.

Saturday morning I met up with the rest of the praise band at Crestwood Mall, where we sang from 11-1 at the entrance by Famous Barr. There were surprisingly a lot of people who responded really well to it. Quite a few people from Faith came to volunteer to talk to people listening to us, and hand out brochures of what International House of Prayer was all about. Again, I noticed a little girl who probably wasn't older than 3, bouncing to the music, raising her hands and attempting to sing. There was also one woman, we were told afterwards, who wanted us to know that if we felt like we didn't bless anybody that day, to know that we at least blessed her. That was great to know.

Sunday I was able to enjoy church from the congregation's viewpoint instead of being on stage; because of being in Florida I felt like it had been forever since I had gone to Faith. It felt good to be back.

No comments: