Only in St. Louis can you go out in shorts and a t-shirt in the morning and by mid-afternoon have to change into a sweater, pants and coat. Yesterday when I went out for lunch I didn't even need to wear my jacket and was even "glistening" a bit (thank God the wind helped that). By the time I left work, I had to put on my coat, wear my gloves and turn on the heat in my car. I decided to reschedule my personal trainer appointment; Tuesdays are the days I pick up my baby from my parents house and come back to our house, and it's a good 30-40 minute drive just getting there. With my appointment at the gym not scheduled until 4:30, I didn't know how the weather was going to be by then and how the traffic was going to be affected by it, so better to play it safe and just pick her up straight after work and come home.
So I get to my parents house and by the time I leave there is about an inch of snow on the ground and the wind is blowing sideways. When I get home, there is no snow on the ground and the wind has subsided, but frickin' cold out. Not only do the temperatures and weather differ in St. Louis vs. the rest of the United States, but even different counties.
If we didn't have free babysitting here, I'd get out of this joint now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment