My husband took the day off from work today. He original was going to still take the kids to daycare to get some things done, but reneged that idea when we woke up this morning and found out how cold it was.
He called me at 2:30 this afternoon.
"Man, watching the kids is so easy. I could do this everyday."
"Uh, yeah, okay." I reply, a little sarcastically.
After I hung up with him, I thought about his statement a little bit longer. He really does handle the kids a lot better than I do alone. Not to say that one parent is a better parent than another, but I don't have as much patience as Jim does. And he's a piddler, like most kids I know, who don't have any sense of time whatsoever.
He'd probably be better staying at home with the kids than me. I crave adult socialization, and Jim isn't necessarily a hermit, and he can certainly mingle when he wants to, but he's not one to party every weekend.
So now if I can just find a job that would allow me to make enough to where Jim could be a stay at home dad, all of our dreams could come true!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment