Monday, January 28, 2008

Ode To Being Married

A little story I told my girlfriend Friday:


I got winked at today. Not a good wink, though; I got winked at by some overweight, gap-toothed, red-haired, scruffy-looking dude who looked like he was a bottom feeder business guy.

I was having lunch with some co-workers, and I was noticing this guy sitting with his friends at a table across from us looking at me. I also saw him playing around with his phone and I can only hope that he isn't one of those weirdos who took a picture of me while I was eating. Anyway, so we're all getting ready to leave and I get up to grab my coat, and as I'm putting it on I glance over at their table, and he WINKS AT ME.

You'd think I'd be all excited because hey, I've been married for almost 4 years, been dating the same guy for almost 10 years on and off, have 2 kids, and (gulp) almost 30, but GOOD LORD, where do some of these men come from? Normally, it would be such an ego boost for me to be hit on by somebody other than my spouse. But where do some guys come off thinking that, should I be single, I would possibly be interested in them??????

I'm so glad I'm out of the dating scene. Jim better see to it that he wait to die until I die, or he die before an age to where I don't have to find men who have to use Viagra.

No comments: