Monday, March 10, 2008

Detoxing

Dean has never been a morning person. He's just like his daddy; although we force him to go to bed, once he falls asleep, he likes to stay asleep. So getting up every morning during the week is always a challenge. I like to be completely ready and have at least 15 minutes before we actually have to leave to give Dean time to have his fit. And he will have a big ole hissy fit. Feet flying, back arched, screaming, crying fit. And people wonder why we put him in his next day's clothes the night before. We don't want to have to deal with anymore than we have to in the morning!
This morning was more challenging than usual. This weekend was full of sugar. Saturday morning we took Dean to his daycare church's Easter egg hunt, and later that day and through the night the whole family attended a wedding and reception. The boy literally ate candy nonstop starting at 9:00 a.m. He was on the dance floor at the reception hall running in circles and chasing all the little girls. Putting him in his carseat to go home that night was like steadying a crackhead off his high. But by the time we arrived home he was limp as a noodle and even slept in.
And now I'm back to a routine of workouts and eating right. Our yoga/pilates class and aerobics classes start up again this week after having a week off, and I missed last Monday's body sculpting class due to weather. Yesterday was my first personal training session after not seeing her for a week and a half, and I am sore today. So this week is total detox (until our church's Easter egg hunt Friday night).

1 comment:

Big B said...

I completely uderstand. We are trying to detox Landon from artificial sugar all together. I really believe that it causes some of his behavior issues. He also has gone on a TV respite. Only one hour of TV a day.