Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm Getting Paid to Blog

It's incredibly slow here today. You know it's bad when I wish I were home cleaning versus being here at work. And I still have Friday to endure. UGH. I'm glad I've revived this blog to help pass the time.
I've registered to run non-competitively for the St. Pat's Day run downtown. Years past I've always gone to Dogtown to celebrate St. Pat's day, mainly because I had friends live there. So this year will be a first being downtown during this holiday. The run shouldn't be too bad; it's only 5 miles, and the weather is cool enough that I won't drown in my own sweat. I doubt I will run the whole thing; I haven't really trained for it but I work out enough that I'm confident that I can get the course completed in at least an hour and 15 minutes. Probably even a shorter time than that, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I was supposed to do this race with my sister, but now she's having to work, and I'm all by my lonesome. I wouldn't normally mind but it is going to be downtown and I was thinking of taking the Metrolink instead of driving all the way down there and getting all sorts of lost. But I am kind of nervous about getting there and back by myself. Knowing me I'd get on the wrong train and wind up in another state!

No comments: