Why do people think that just because they have a bad day with their spouse, that gives them the right to threaten separation or divorce? And what makes one think that just because those around them will support them no matter what, that they will just stand by and let it happen with no argument?
There are good, solid reasons for divorce but it should be an absolute, last resort. And it should settle with divorce ONLY IF you have actually, honestly TRIED solving the issues. Not just letting them slide, or "seeing how things go day by day." You're only AVOIDING the matter, until something little happens and the BIG issue comes up yet AGAIN.
And what is so hard with people trying to get HELP? It's not shameful to attend a marriage counselor, or a marriage conference or a bible study on marriage. I went to a women's bible study on marriage when I was a newlywed. Sure, my husband and I were extremely happy then, but that doesn't mean that I couldn't improve on something to better myself and our newly wedded bliss.
Friends and family, know this if you don't know already - I don't tolerate piddly excuses for grounds for separation. You can't make up/break up like we did when we were young and stupid and thoughtless, and you especially can't do it when you have other parties involved that will AFFECT THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. And it affects EVERYBODY around you, not just those in the family.
And lastly, more people just need to have a COME TO JESUS moment. Finding your faith couldn't be more important, especially when trying to understand the SANCTITY and MEANING of marriage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN
Post a Comment