This weekend was busy, but at least we had a good balance of getting things done and attending social events. I started off the weekend going to a cousin's bachelorette party, while Jim held a poker night at our house. We both ended the night pretty early; because of my preggo self I didn't feel as dressed to the nines as the other girls...they headed out to an upscale club around 10:30, and I headed on home. Surprisingly enough I came home to Jim cleaning up; apparently two of the guys had taken all the money that Jim and one of his other buddies had.
Saturday I had my first baby shower, thrown by the women in my church choir. It was a record shower for me; I'm used to our large family gatherings, where it usually takes at least 2 hours to open presents. Add that into the two or three hours it takes for everybody to get there (Flips tend to run a little late), eat and socialize, and you've got a long-day event! This shower on Saturday lasted only an hour! I got a lot of stuff still, it's hard to imagine what more I'll be getting with my other showers...it looks like I will be having 3 more! We will have to buy a new house just for all the stuff we've already gotten for this baby!
After the shower I came home, had Jim help me unload everything out of the car, and sorted all of the gifts while he went out and started planting our garden. Before we bought the house from his mom she had started up a vegetable garden in the backyard. Until now, it was just a pile of dirt. But Jim bought some seeds, and planted watermelon, pumpkin, onions and tomatoes. Now we've just got to get our dog to not jump in there anymore!
Sunday was spent singing in choir at church and then going over to Jim's mom's house for dinner. It was a nice Mother's Day, my first one! Jim got me a yoga mat (now I just have to get my Yoga for Pregnancy video and I'll be all set!) and his mom got me a new maternity outfit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment