Monday, May 23, 2005

One Year Came and Went

Yesterday Jim and I celebrated our one-year anniversary...of marriage, that is. If you count all the years we've been together, that'd be eight. To think we've been together for almost a decade is unbelievable! Yet we seem to keep our love alive.
Saturday night we went downtown and took a riverboat cruise, our first time ever doing it downtown St. Louis. It was a gorgeous night, the food was good, and company even better. We listened to Dixieland jazz inside, and looked at downtown St. Louis from a whole new perspective. Jim took some great pictures of the downtown nightlife; they're postcard perfect!...once he found the night time feature on our digital camera, that is. :)
Sunday we ran a whole lot of errands, but beforehand we laid around, ate breakfast and watched our wedding video in its entirety for the first time. We had both seen it, but it was during our reception, where we were paying more attention to our guests than to any pictures or video around us. Watching our wedding made us miss Jamaica more than ever, and we laughed at the times we didn't understand what the minister wanted us to repeat to each other. There were still some words we still didn't understand as we were watching!
We also took our wedding cake out of the freezer and ate it...well, I only had a fork-full, but Jim had a big piece. Not bad after a year, but I would strongly recommend saran-wrapping a couple of times, then wrapping it in foil! That's what Jim had done and it wasn't too shabby!
Honey, I look forward to the many more anniversaries I will share with you!

No comments: