Mondays really drag me down. Especially when I miss church. Head wasn't feeling too good, must be allergies or sinuses, so I missed my weekly worship with God. I always feel like I miss so much even when I miss one Sunday; I do devotionals by myself, but it's just not the same as pastor giving you some words of wisdom or helping you discern passages from the Bible.
But at least I was productive this weekend. We didn't have any major plans, so Saturday Jim and I took Jetta and went hiking out at Castlewood Park. I hadn't been there since junior high probably, but it was a good workout. It was a beautiful day. Those days just remind you of God's glory.
We caught up on a lot of household chores...Watched a couple of movies from our trusted online rental place Netflix...had time, just the two of us, to be together...days we cherish because they've been so rarely lately...ironic when you get married you spend less time together than you do dating.
And now it's back to the grind and the daily routine. Counting down the days until I can see my precious little niece!!!
It's going to be a long two weeks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment