I officially became an Aunt early this morning/late last night! I thought I would have a Halloween niece, but turns out she wasn't quite ready to come out yet. I kept checking my cell phone constantly yesterday, waiting for my sister and Chad to call me and let me know the good news. It wasn't until around 1:30 a.m. that I got the call from Rowena, letting me know she finally found out it was a girl! (I had known all along; Chad couldn't wait until the baby was born and my sister didn't want to find out until then. Being the nosy girl that I am I wanted to find out right away so I could spoil her beforehand!)
The excitement of a baby in the family has, as some of you know, led me to baby fever. Some people think Jim and I are crazy to say that we wouldn't mind having a child in a year. We had just gotten married in May! Even though we haven't been married for very long, dating for 7 years beforehand had already put us in marriage mentality long before the official ceremony.
And now, I see babies everywhere. At church, I hear a baby cry and all I want to do is go over there, leave the sanctuary and try and soothe him or her. I open up pictures of friends' newborns, oohing and aahing and wondering when we will have one of our own...
And then, I hear the sounds of the older kids and toddlers, running around in the children's hallway on my way to choir practice, screaming at the top of their lungs, hitting each other and not listening to their parents.
That's the kind of thing that I need to keep seeing and hearing to bring me down to reality. Do I want that kind of responsibility? Not right now. We can barely keep the plants alive in our house and our dog fed on time, much less taking care of a child. I prefer to be cool Aunt Ronna for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment