Monday, November 15, 2004

one more week!

One more week until we get to drive down there and see my little Madison! I'm so excited. I'm excited that we'll have babies around the same age, so they can play with each other and become close. It's too bad they don't live closer; but who's to say they won't move back up here, or our family won't move down there? We've been talking about moving to Florida for a while now; Jim's talked about it off and on since I've met him, and now my parents are since they're getting so close to retiring. And us, we could probably move; Jim's unhappy about his job anyway, and I'll find somewhere to work, surely another LCMS organization down there.
This weekend was busy, but laid back. Friday night was bible study, and I started breaking thew news of our pregnancy to church people. We didn't have much time to fellowship afterwards; Jim went hunting early Saturday morning and still needed to get stuff ready. Saturday after Jim caught absolutely nothing we went to a surprise birthday party, where I found two other women who were pregnant. Afterwards I saw my friend Leah's play that she directed at the high school she teaches at, Warrenton High School. They did Macbeth, and these kids were amazing. I've never seen a group of kids interpret Shakespeare so well, and really get into character. Sunday I sang at church for all three services, took a big two hour nap, and went back to church to check out a "Transforming Debt Into Blessing" seminar being hosted by John Cummuta. He's written several books on how to get all your bills-including your home mortgage-paid off in 5-7 years. It was very interesting, and Jim and I got a lot out of it. News also spreads quickly, no matter how big the church community, and more people came up to us and offered us their congrats and excitement.
So now I get to hang on for a couple more weeks to see the doctor and get more info on this pregnancy stuff. :) And I guess I should be getting back to work.

No comments: