This weekend was Faith's annual women's retreat at the Revive Us Again facility in Dittmer, MO. This was the 2nd retreat I've attended. It's such an amazing time to bond with sisters in Christ and be able to be fed the Word and focus on God without the distractions of the "outside" world. There's no tv, no radio (except for the music we played/sang, and cds the speakers may have brought to enhance their speech), and no phone (except for the cellphones we brought, and almost everybody's didn't work because it was in roam). It's funny how without those distractions the time seems to go by so slow.
This year's retreat was quite different for me than last year's. Last year I felt so lost; I had lost my job, was having a difficult time finding a new one, was trying to plan a wedding, trying to pay bills with what little unemployment money the government provided. Since last year I feel the Lord has blessed me quadruple-fold - wonderful husband, baby on the way, Christ-centered job...I think God was tired of hearing me complain. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment