This week has flown by more quickly than other weeks, even though the workload hasn't improved. I've found creative ways to pass the time; yesterday I made "Sisters United in Christ" signs for each of the women who are a part of the small group bible study I'm in on Wednesday nights through choir. On one side is a person (essentially us) with our Armor of God on, and on the other side is a picture, with one of our sister's names on the top, and on the bottom signifying which sister that is...for example, Tami is the "Sister of Encouragement." I am the "Sister of Soulful Solace in Singing." etc., etc. Long story short, one of the ladies e-mailed yesterday that got a cartoon idea of us being the SUIC (Sisters United in Christ), all using our "powers" to call to God. Yeah, you probably don't understand, and yes, you probably had to be there. :)
Jim and I did a devotional last night for about 15 minutes before I left for praise team rehearsal. We hardly do devotionals together, and when we do them, I treasure them. I feel like we have such good talks and I get to know him best, he opens up without feeling embarassed or ashamed. We got this "15 Minute Devotionals for Couples" book from his mom over Christmas, and hadn't picked it up until now. Hopefully we can make a habit of this.
I also had to get on the scale and weigh myself, because I've felt like I've gained another 5 pounds since my last appointment. I checked three times, because I couldn't believe it. Apparently I've only gained 1.5 pounds since my last appointment, making that a total of 13.5 pounds that I've gained since becoming pregnant. It's deceiving, considering I can hardly zip up my regular pants now, much less button them (I've been using the rubberband method for quite a while now), and finding it hard to sit comfortable for long periods of time. One more week until we get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl!!!!!!
Praise be to God for the many blessings I've received, Lord knows I don't deserve all that You have given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment