Today was a boring day at work. I didn't think the day would ever end. Even one of my co-workers thought it was Tuesday; unfortunately that wasn't the case. It's days like this that really make me want a different job.
I enjoy where I'm at. It can't get any better; friendly environment, helpful co-workers, and awesome benefits. But it's what I'm doing that's getting to me. I'm a loan assistant, which means I help the loan officers put the commitment letters and closing packages together to send to these LCMS congregations that borrow money from us. At first it was an interesting job, because I'd never known what exactly goes into these closing packages and why there is so much paperwork involved.
After only 9 months of working there, I understand, and it's all so redundant. Sure, every loan is different, but we just pull up the document template that closely matches whatever letter we're working on and fill in the blanks. Every now and then we'll get a really challenging loan that involves twice, sometimes, three times as much paperwork as a regular loan, but those come far and few between.
Our loans have also slowed down a lot since I started working there. My boss, Carol, will tell me how they used to have days where they couldn't even breathe or hardly take lunches there was so much to be done before the day was over. I feel like since I've started working there I've put on a curse on them, and once I'm gone for maternity leave, it'll pick up. The psat few weeks we've gone up, but congregations just aren't begging for loans like they were a year or so ago.
Man, this blog is even boring me, so I'm going to stop torturing us all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment