Monday, February 07, 2005

guilty!

So I fell off the wagon and stopped writing in here for a while. I figured nobody is reading this anyway, and all I ever talk about nowadays is the baby and how I'm feeling. But, now that work is slower than ever I figure, hey, what else have I really got to do?
Weekends have lately been packed with socializing with almost everybody we know in the St. Louis area - Stacey and Craig, Matt and Rachel, Leah and Ryan...and any of their friends we've met these past couple of weeks. It's like I'm going out more now than I did even before I became pregnant. I guess I've been feeling extremely nostalgic because I feel like my life has just flown by and I haven't really taken advantage of it, and has become even more prominent since finding out we're having a baby.
I've even been trying to get in contact with alumni from high school. A while back (at another time I was also bored at work) I signed up for one of those memberships on a reunion website. Dorky, I know, but hey, again, I was bored. There's nothing I like better to do than spend money on stupid stuff. So I signed up for it, and every now and then have tried to e-mail people to see if they would write back.
I've been successful with a couple of people, and it's been nice getting in contact with them. One girl has even invited me to a cocktail party she's having this upcoming weekend. And I just might go to it. (Heck, who knows if we'll ever have that ten year reunion, we were supposed to have a five year reunion and that didn't fly.)

No comments: